Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tony Blair Quotes

"This party will, ultimately, be judged on its ability to deliver on its promise" Tony Blair

"I didn't come into politics to change the Labour Party. I came into politics to change the country." From Tony Blair's speech to Labour Party conference October 1995

"You only require two things in life: your sanity and your wife" Tony Blair

"Education, education, education " Tony Blair

"Now is not the time for sound-bites. I can feel the hand of history on my shoulder" Tony Blair on the signing of the Good Friday Agreement

"But what has come home to me more than anything else is the utter futility of Opposition. I did not join the Labour Party to protest. I joined it as a party of government and I will make sure that it is a party of government." From Tony Blair's speech to the TUC, September 1995

"All we ask now is that the UN means what it said and does what it meant" British Prime Minister Tony Blair. 28/2/03

"If the challenge to us is to work with the UN, we will respond to it. But if we do so, then the challenge to all in the UN is this: the UN must be the way to resolve the threat from Saddam not avoid it." Tony Blair on 10/9/02 in a speech to the TUC conference

"If we show weakness now, if we allow the plea for more time to become just an excuse for prevarication until the moment for action passes, then it will not only be Saddam who is repeating history. The menace, and not just from Saddam, will grow; the authority of the UN will be lost; and the conflict when it comes will be more bloody." 15/2/03 at the Scottish Labour conference

"Just after the election, an old colleague of mine said: 'Come on Tony, now we've won again can't we drop all this New Labour and do what we believe in?'. "I said: 'It's worse than you think. I really do believe in it'." 2001 Labour Party Conference

"America has its faults as a society, as we have ours. But I think of the Union of America born out of the defeat of slavery. I think of its Constitution, with its inalienable rights granted to every citizen still a model for the world. I think of a black man, born in poverty, who became chief of their armed forces and is now secretary of state Colin Powell and I wonder frankly whether such a thing could have happened here. I think of the Statue of Liberty and how many refugees, migrants and the impoverished passed its light and felt that if not for them, for their children, a new world could indeed be theirs. I think of a country where people who do well, don't have questions asked about their accent, their class, their beginnings but have admiration for what they have done and the success they've achieved.

I think of those New Yorkers I met, still in shock, but resolute; the fire fighters and police, mourning their comrades but still head held high. Blair gushing about the US, crawling up Bush's ample Texan ass

"Power without principle is barren, but principle without power is futile. This is a party of government, and I will lead it as a party of government."

"If there is one thing Britain should learn from the last 50 years, it is this: Europe can only get more important for us."

"We'll negotiate a withdrawal from the EEC"(now the EU)"which has drained our natural resources and destroyed jobs". Tony Blair, before he became an MP, in 1983. Mr Blair is now an enthusiastic supporter of the EU and asserts that Britain must "be at the heart of Europe".

"We've just had the biggest saturation advertising on record to publicise the sale of water." Tony Blair MP (On the Conservative Government's privatisation of the public water industry)

"Our Party. New Labour. Our Mission. New Britain. New Britain. New Labour. New Britain. New Britain." Tony Blair

"One reason I changed the Labour Party is so that we can remain true to our principles." Tony Blair

"I don't make predictions. I never have and I never will." Tony Blair

"The single most important two things we can do..." Tony Blair

"It's all very well being a pacifist. But to be a pacifist after September 11, that's something different. It's all new now: terrible threat, terrorist weapons, terrorist states. That is what people here have to understand." Tony Blair on 10/3/03 at Downing Street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

order corporate flowers online
order corporate flowers online Counter